This webinar took place on 30 August 2022
With the expected rapid upscaling of wind energy globally to combat the climate crisis, coupled with the negative consequences this will have on the nature crisis, there is a dire need to support sustainable wind energy development. To support this, we will present the concept of Sustainability Readiness Levels, which extends the TRL and is a method for tracking the maturity of technologies with Societal and Environmental Readiness Levels. We will discuss its intended contribution in relation to life-cycle assessments and the EU taxonomy as a sustainability Standard. Finally, representatives from the EU and industry will present their views on the integrated concept.
You can view a recording of the session below.
- 09:00 Welcome and introduction – NorthWind’s sustainable development pillar (Roel May)
- 09:15 Introduction to Sustainable readiness levels and co-creation with stakeholders (Roel May)
- 09:30 Sustainable development viewpoint from AKER Offshore (Ingrid Lomelde)
- 10:00 Reviewing TRL, SRL, ERL and coming to a holistic SusRL (Jiska van Dijk)
- 10:10 Comments from the audience
- 10:20 Way forward and closing remarks