NorthWind held this webinar about cables for offshore wind.
In this webinar we presented the state of art knowledge on load capacity on cables in the electric network. Our goals for this webinar were to provide an overview of the topic, and to learn about participants’ experiences on offshore cables, what the bottlenecks are, and what they see as future research questions that we can work on at NorthWind.
When: 17 November 2022, 12:00-14:00
Click on the links below to see the presentations:
- The DynKap project – Espen Eberg, SINTEF
- Cable ampacity calculations – challenges and recent standardisation work – George Anders
- Cable thermal performance under variable loading – James Pilgrim, Ørsted
- Optimisation of power cable ampacity in offshore wind – Martin Høyer-Hansen, SINTEF
- Reliable extension of transmission distance of HVAC submarine cable connections – Andrzej Holdyk, SINTEF
- Summary and discussions – all