NorthWind held its very first annual Innovation Forum for project partners.
It was initially scheduled to be an in-person event at the Royal Garden hotel in Trondheim, but because of new Covid-19 related measures, it was decided at the last minute to hold the NorthWind innovation forum as a digital event only. We are sorry we could not meet in person, but we do think that our meetings must feel safe for all to participate. This was not the case at the date the meeting was scheduled for. We therefore decided to proceed with an online event.
The online event followed the same agenda as the planned physical event, with the same presenters and time schedule. The full functionality of Teams was used to allow for online Q&A and discussions.
When: 9 December 2021, 10:00-15:00
Click on the links below to see the presentations.
Annual Innovation Forum programme
1000: Welcome and introductions
- Music by Oda Kristine Øygard Steinkopf, NTNU
- Welcome by NorthWind chair, Elling Rishoff, Senior Vice President, DNV
- Introduction by Amund Vik, State Secretary in the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
- NorthWind mission statement by John Olav Tande, Director NorthWind
1030: Invited keynotes
- Geir Olav Berg, CTO and SVP Engineering, Aker Offshore Wind
- Lars Oberbeck, TotalEnergies
- Kristian Holm, Technical Director, Equinor
- Elling Rishoff, Senior Vice President, DNV
1130: Break for lunch
1230: Presentation of NorthWind first results
- Opening of session by John Olav Tande, Director NorthWind
- Scientific Advisory Committee, professor Trond Kvamsdal, NTNU
- Technology Transfer Committee, Inger Marie Malvik, senior business developer, SINTEF
- Structures and integrity, Vigdis Olden, SINTEF, Ana Page, NGI and Xiaobo Ren, SINTEF
- Marine operations and logistics, Elin Espeland Halvorsen-Weare, SINTEF and Lars Magne Nonås, SINTEF
1400: Presentations & discussions (cont.)
- Electrical infrastructure and system integration, Salvatore D’Arco, SINTEF
- Digital twin and asset management, Adil Rasheed, NTNU and Kjetil Johannessen, SINTEF
- Sustainable wind development, Roel May, NINA
- Closing remarks by John Olav Tande, Director NorthWind
1500: End of programme
Message from the centre director
It is my pleasure to inform you that we will organise the first NorthWind Innovation Forum on 9 December, in Trondheim, at Royal Garden hotel. At this event we will hear keynote speakers, present the first results from NorthWind and hold a festive dinner. It will be an occasion to celebrate the start of NorthWind, meet colleagues, learn and sow seeds for success.
The events is open for centre partners only.
Details and registration will be published closer to the event.
Signed: John Olav Tande, centre director
Contact Randi Aukan for questions about registration or other practical questions.